G’day travel fans. This week at Best Destinations our feature destination is probably on most people’s bucket list – Australia. But Australia is a vast country, almost the same size as the USA, so writing a blog about this country just isn’t going to cut it. So we are going to break this fabulous country down for you, starting with Sydney.
When you visit Australia you simply cannot miss out Sydney. Besides being Australia’s largest and probably most famous city, there are many other reasons why Sydney is also the most visited city. The stunning harbour side location, iconic beaches, fantastic cafes and pubs, excellent restaurants, world heritage sites, terrific shopping, fabulous festivals, and good year round weather.
Our top 5 things to do in Sydney:
- Climb the Sydney Harbour Bridge – climbing one of the most famous bridges in the world is a once in a lifetime experience. Take either a dawn, day, twilight, or night climb and take in the breathtaking views. If the thought of climbing the bridge fills you with dread, another option is to simply walk across for FREE and take in the views from a lower level.
- Catch the ferry to Manly – a great way to experience the beauty of Sydney Harbour, with stunning views of the city is to catch the ferry to Manly. Manly is a beach-side suburb of northern Sydney, most notable for its beaches which are popular tourist destinations. Take a walk down the palm tree-lined streets towards the beach, walk around the bay to picturesque Shelly Beach, or grab an ice cream or a cold beer on the promenade. If you time your return ferry trip back to Circular Quay right, you will arrive back in Sydney with the sun setting behind the harbour bridge.
- Explore The Rocks District – this historic area of Sydney is probably my favourite part of the city. Home to some of Sydney’s oldest pubs, cobbled streets, weekend markets, and great views of the harbour.
- Visit The Royal Botanic Gardens – the serenity and harbour views from the gardens make this a must. Take a picnic and admire all the different types of plants the gardens have to offer.
- Hit the beach – Sydney is famous for its beaches, none more so than the world famous Bondi Beach, a must visit at least once. There is a lovely coastal walk from there to Bronte beach which will take about 40-50 minutes.
Bondi Beach – Australia’s Most Famous Beach
Thanks for reading, until next time keep searching for YOUR Best Destination….